Updated Guidelines 8/24/21
As of May 29, 2021, the following changes have been made to our current COVID-19 policies as per guidance from Governor Baker:
-Mask policy: masks are optional if you are vaccinated within the fitness center, but masks are still mandatory within the Physical Therapy office. You do not need to provide your vaccination card at Elite.
-Sauna/Steam Room: both the men’s and women’s sauna & steam rooms are operational
-Bottle/towel: our bottle/towel system is still in place, so please continue to grab a spray bottle and towel from the front desk upon checking in.
-Group Exercise classes: class sizes have resumed to larger sizes again, and the size limits are accurate on our registration page.
-Hours of operation: due to staffing constraints and future updates to be made, Elite’s current hours of operation will remain in place until further notice.
Cleanliness has always been one of our core values here at Elite, and we’ve long enjoyed the reputation of being one of the cleanest fitness facilities around. But in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve improved our robust safety and cleaning protocols to make sure we’re taking every step to keep our members and clients safe while working out at Elite Health and Fitness Center.
To ensure the safest possible environment for our members and patients, we’ve taken the following steps:
- Reduced our fitness center capacity to comply with state-issued guidelines.
- Changed our traffic flow patterns and entrances/exits to maximize social distancing.
- Reduced our PT clinic volume by switching to one-on-one visits only.
- Redesigned both our fitness center and PT clinic floor plan to maximize social distancing and increase space between equipment.
- Added numerous outdoor training programs for those members who preferred to work out in the open air.
But that’s just the beginning…see below to learn about some of the additional investments in air quality upgrades and cleaning procedures we’ve added to help make your workout not only the BEST part of your day, but also one of the SAFEST parts of your day as well.
Here are just some of the recent improvements we’ve made to ensure the safety and health of our clients and members:
- Electrostatic cleansing: We’ve added the process of spraying electrostatic recharge mist onto surfaces and objects. After the spray is applied, the sanitizing agent works to disinfect all of the covered surfaces, destroying germs and viruses.
- iWave-C: We’ve installed iWave-C into our ventilation system. iWave-C is a self-cleaning, bipolar ionization generator for actively treating our building’s air quality. As air flows past the iWave-C, the device emits positive and negative ions, creating a plamsa region that actively purifies the supply air, killing mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and building space.
- Air Conditioning System Upgrades: We’ve upgraded our AC systems in our locker rooms to help improve ventilation and air quality in these areas. Although we have not yet reopened our locker rooms (per state guidelines), we’re planning ahead to make sure the air quality in these rooms is optimized when we’re cleared to reopen.
- NanoSeptic Self-Cleaning Tape: We’ve applied NanoSeptic self cleaning tape to commonly-touched surface areas, such as door handles. With the use of nano-crystals, NanoSeptic products undergo an oxidation process that is triggered by light. With this oxidation process, organic materials like germs and bacteria are broken down.
- Touchless Faucets: We’ve installed touchless faucets in our locker room sinks to avoid contamination of a common touch point.
- Personal Cleaning Solution and Towel: Upon entering Elite, every member receives their own bottle of hospital-grade disinfectant and a clean towel for their use only during their workout.
- Face Covering Policy: All clients, members and staff are required to wear a face-covering while inside our Physical Therapy office, but masks are OPTIONAL inside the fitness center if you are vaccinated. We will not be checking vaccination cards, but we trust our members to do the right thing as per MA guidelines.
If you have any questions about the safety protocol and guidelines at Elite, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 781-297-0979. We’re confident that you’ll find that we’re going above and beyond to ensure the safety of our staff, members and clients. We know how important staying fit and active is to the health of all of us, and we want to make sure you feel safe and confident returning to Elite!