5 Reasons to Try Club Cycle
Elite offers the best in the business. These are no ordinary cycling workouts. Club Cycle is a traditional cycling style with a focus on “power“ aka watts, meaning you will get more out of your ride – burning more fat and calories compared to other cycling classes.
Club Cycle uses the Keiser M3+ Bikes and will have you sweating and pedaling away to fantastic music in specialized lighting, with abundant airflow and rock star instructors.
Make no mistake about it, these Keisers are GREAT bikes. Why?
- They are meant to last a lifetime, so the bikes won’t always be needing new parts and require little to no maintenance.
- Moreover, if you are interested in losing weight, you will rarely see bikes like the Keiser M3+ with such remarkable resistance levels and tension. Depending on your dedication and stamina you can burn as much as 1000 calories (!!!) per day using this indoor cycling bike. Sure – you can take a spinning class at other gyms, but you won’t be burning the same amount of calories!
- These bikes give you a read-out directly on them (including things such as RPM and Power output) at the end of your workout, so you know just how hard you have to work next time to beat yourself at your own ride. It allows for continuous improvement on your performance. We all want to get better from one workout to the next, right?
- These are a much smoother ride as they use magnetic resistance rather than friction resistance. OK, OK, – in layman’s terms it means it removes the inconsistent pressure that results from issues with worn-out brake pads. So no more annoying jarring bike rides.
- And not to toot our own horn, but these bikes got voted the best spin bike of 2016, so of course, we have them!
There is no fluff needed to make these classes a damn sweaty workout. Not to mention it is the safest and utmost effective form of cycling. Our instructors are trained to adjust the bikes to your body for an efficient ride. They continually watch for form throughout the class to help you avoid injury and for your well-being. Since Club Cycle focuses on power, you won’t see us focusing on jumps or performing push-ups on the bike. The latest research shows that this actually decreases your output, therefore decreasing your chances of getting the most out of the cycling workout, and also increase your chance of injury. We will stick to the watt output – the power!
Did you know we are one of the ONLY gyms in the local area to offer Performance IQ?! And what does that mean? Performance IQ is a software system that displays your performance statistics (Power, RPMs, Energy, and Heart Rate) on two large HDTV displays. At the end of class, there is a graph on the Power Board (one of the TV’s) with details on just how hard you worked and which energy zones you worked. This color-coded graph shows you info about your ride in areas such as recovery, aerobic ability, threshold, anaerobic ability, and peak performance. You can’t go wrong reading the colors – blue is the easiest, red is the hardest. You know when you’ve reached your peak. Each bike is numbered so you can follow the number of your bike on the Power Board all during class to see info on your very own ride, each step of the way. How cool is that? It is optional of course, so if you do not want your bike on the display, no worries, it won’t be.
What else? Well, also included with your Club Cycle membership is:
- Unlimited Group Exercise Classes
- Outdoor Boot Camp
- Team Training: PowerWave Classes and Hit 60 Classes
- Kids Activity Center for One Child (ages 3 months – 6 years)
- Free small towel service at the studio
We offer a variety of cycle classes including Core Cycle and Heart Cycle. Core Cycle is 40 minutes of cycle and 15 minutes of corelab abdominal work. Heart Cycle is where you get to track your heart rate throughout the class by wearing a ‘heart rate pod.’ We will assign one to you before each class, but please be sure to sign up in advance.
We have Foundation Cycle classes available to ALL members (regardless of your membership type) twice a week: Monday evenings at 6 pm and Saturday mornings at 9 am.
Club Cycle can be for anybody, for any fitness level, for hardcore cyclists and even beginners. It is a low impact, feel good, sweaty workout to upbeat music. The stats don’t lie – come see for yourself and check out our Power Board and Keiser Bikes to see how hard you are working in your cycle class. Why not give it a try?
Check out our Club Cycle schedule on our site.